Ww com telugu popu mubi
Swamikannu Vincent, an employee of the South Indian Railways in Trichy, purchased a film projector and silent films from the Frenchman Du Pont and set up a business as film exhibitor.To celebrate the event of King George V's visit in 1909, a grand exhibition was organised in Madras.During the 1920s, silent Tamil language film were shot at makeshift locations in and around Chennai, and for technical processing, they were sent to Pune or Calcutta. Telugu artists became active with the production of Bhisma Pratighna, a silent film, in 1921. Popularly known as talkies, films with sound quickly grew in number and popularity.The film was directed by Raghupathi Venkaiah Naidu and his son R. In 1934, the industry saw its first major commercial success with Lavakusa. Pullaiah and starring Parupalli Subbarao and Sriranjani in lead roles, the film attracted unprecedented numbers of viewers to theaters and thrust the young film industry into mainstream culture.The Cinema of South India is used to refer collectively to the five film industries of South India, the Tamil, the Telugu, the Kannada, the Malayalam, and the Tulu film industries, as a single entity.They are based in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kochi and Mangalore respectively.By 1936, the mass appeal of film allowed directors to move away from religious and mythological themes.
Silent films were also screened as an additional attraction.
It was a favourite haunt of the British community in Madras. This building is now part of a post office complex on Anna Salai (Mount Road).